Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Koney, Satish" <Sa...@syntelinc.com> on 2005/01/18 17:30:33 UTC

RE: what axis generated classes should i use?

Are u talking about the server side classes? I am not worried about the
client side classes at all...they can have some axis generated  code
but on the server side.....do we need axis generated code? If we need, what
are those classes?

Till some time back, i was following the below mentioned steps to deploy a
service:

1. Define the interface with all the web service methods and all the classes
defined in the interface

	Eg: public Employee createEmployee(int id, String name);

2. Run Java2WSDL to generate the WSDL fiile. The i/p is the above classes

3. Then run WSDL2Java on the WSDL file produced in step2.

	In this step, I get lot of files from Axis. including Employee.java
one interface which adds "throws RemoteException' clause to the methods in
my interface etc.

4. I used to use these Axis generated classes (including Employee.java) in
my service. then compile...put in the server...deploy the service using the
WSDD file that
    was generated in step 3.

Everything went fine...

	But later when I tried to do the same without using any of those
Axis generated classes, it still works very fine....then why do I need to

use Axis generated classes in the server side? I am using only deploy.wsdd
which is generated by Axis...nothing else...But I am not sure if I will get

any problems in the future because of not using Axis generated
classes...Some say that WSDL2Java is used only in Client side not on the
server side...

is it true? If we need to use in server side, then what are the Axis
generated classes I need to use in the server side?

Thanks,
SSSS.