Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/06 04:01:31 UTC

t5: https and two T5 apps

Hi,

I got two T5 applications, the first one:

https://www.safe.sample.com:8443

Now I need to add a new one, and I need to share the same ssl certificate as
the first one, so I need to use following url:

https://www.safe.sample.com:8443/order

can't figure out how to do this, suggestions?

Thanks,

Angelo

Re: t5: https and two T5 apps

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with mod_proxy, but I think it should be possible.

 - Ville

Re: t5: https and two T5 apps

Posted by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com>.
i use mod_proxy in front of tomcat, does it have the same benefits of
proxy_ajp?

Re: t5: https and two T5 apps

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
Use httpd infront of tomcat(s)

That way you have to administer the certificate only once + you can
proxy_ajp to any number of tomcats and jettys and glassfishes etc.

In proxu_ajp.conf you can decide what urls goes to which tomcats or to which
tomcat "url" inside one tomcat.

Separate containers per application are sometimes a bliss too when you have
to start other app containers and keep running the others... Escpecially
when tomcat / the apps bleed memory

Also, the httpd documentation + the help available is much better. (And
easier to obtain.)

 - Ville

Re: t5: https and two T5 apps

Posted by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com>.
looks the way to go, but how to have this /order context in the 2nd app? in
tomcat's server.xml, we need to virtual hosts pointing to two t5 apps, first
one uses already Host name="safe.sample.com", how to specify another one
'safe.sample.com' with 'order' context?

sorry, this is not t5 related.

Re: t5: https and two T5 apps

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
Can't  you just deploy the first one to the root and the second one to
the /order context?  I think you'll have to setup the same SSL cert
twice--once for each app, but you should be able to use the same cert.

Mark

Re: t5: https and two T5 apps

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 23:01:31 -0300, Angelo C. <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> I got two T5 applications, the first one:
> https://www.safe.sample.com:8443
> Now I need to add a new one, and I need to share the same ssl
> certificate as
> the first one, so I need to use following url:
> https://www.safe.sample.com:8443/order
> can't figure out how to do this, suggestions?

I don't think this is related to Tapestry at all. AFAIK, SSL certificates
are specific to a given domain, so you shouldn't do nothing for the
certificate to work on both webapps as long as they're in the same domain.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor