Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org> on 2015/02/02 03:12:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC2

+1 (binding)

Did test upgrade from 4.2.1 with XenServer 6.2,  Management-server running
on CentOs 6.6.

The Release-notes as been updated.

PL

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
-1

The XenServer refactoring has resulted in the parameters for the API command addTrafficType changing from xennetworklabel to xenservernetworklabel, and as a result all previous tooling is now broken.  The result is when I try to deploy and Advanced Zone using XenServer via CloudMonkey Scripts none of the traffic labels get allocated correctly, resulting in a non-functioning zone.

I believe we should be supporting backwards compatibility for API calls, and my concern is that there are other APIs which may have been affected by this refactoring.

FYI I have been testing CloudPlatform 4.5.0 and it does not have this change.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

A build blocker was fixed - the issue was after upgrade usage server failed to start. Fixed on latest 4.5 now (CLOUDSTACK-7316). Please still continue to test.

> On 02-Feb-2015, at 7:42 am, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> Did test upgrade from 4.2.1 with XenServer 6.2,  Management-server
> running on CentOs 6.6.
>
> The Release-notes as been updated.
>
> PL
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>
>> Did upgraded from 4.3.1 to 4.5.0-snapshot  with XenServer 6.2.
>>
>> Upgrade went smoothly,  systemvm upgraded well so far I've only found
>> 2 missing label in the UI:  ( label.add.isolated.guest.network,
>> label.password.reset.confirm).
>> We need make sure to provide the systemvm template with the commit:
>> 805704721fbbbcce7aecfaa8aa214cfc8ab3bdfc
>> which should provide a working management VPN to Guest Network and VPC.
>>
>> I'm still testing over the weekend...
>>

>> For the Release-Notes,  this jira filter: 12329800  does list 4.5.0
>> new features and Improvement, from it there is not much to say  for
>> the RN, but considering the huge amount of bug fixes contained in
>> 4.5.0, does anyone have insight on new stuff in this release to spice
>> up the What's new section?
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It definitely wouldn't break my heart if we had until Monday close
>>> of business (say, Pacific Time) to vote.
>>>
>>> I haven't been able to focus as much on testing this build as I
>>> would have liked and could use the weekend.
>>>
>>> On Thursday, January 29, 2015, Rohit Yadav
>>> <ro...@shapeblue.com>

>>> services

>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-

>>> intended
>>> or
>>> the
>>> sender
>>> is a
>>> Blue
>>> Brasil
>>> is
>>>>

>>> --
>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Sorry Folks, another issue in 4.5.0 RC2

I had recently become aware that Live VM Migration when using Local Storage with XenServer was broken in 4.3.1 & 4.3.2 releases of ACS (it works in 4.3.0)

I have not tested in any 4.4 branch but was recently deploying a CloudPlatform system and noted it had been fixed in CCP 4.5.0 so assumed Citrix had submitted the fix into ACS Master but unfortunately it still appears to be broken in ACS 4.5.0

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
-1