Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2013/12/20 17:23:32 UTC

Secondary storage, why ask me for VLAN if it's not to beused?

Hello,

Env: ACS 4.2.2 Snapshot from here
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.2/job/package-rhel63-4.2/, CentOS
6.5 KVM hypervisor

When adding an advanced zone, at completing details for the Storage
network it's asking me for a VLAN id, yet this VLAN is never set on the
hypervisor. I expected it to be set just like the VLAN for the guest
traffic.
Secondary storage never worked until I manually created the VLAN and
added it to the respective bridge. Is this a bug or a feature? I'm
confused.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: Secondary storage, why ask me for VLAN if it's not to be used?

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Set VLAN to 0 should be untagged if I recall correctly.

Yes that's an issue with cloudstack, because the broadcast domain type is native and not VLAN.
So in my case I created a vlan interface on the hypervisor and put a bridge, just for storage on top.
That way I can use different interfaces for the storage network in case I want to.

If you have time, you could looks at issues.apache.org if there is already a feature request existing and file a ticket if you like

Posted by BJO ERN <bj...@gmail.com>.