Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Geiger <ge...@mgeiger.de> on 2008/05/20 12:06:12 UTC

problem with shortcircuit

Hello, I just found a problem with a shortcircuit rule in my sa
installation (3.2.4)!

I have defined in local.cf:

header          MAILMAN ALL =~
/-(bounces|confirm|join|leave|request|subscribe|unsubscribe)\@lists\.xxx\.xxx/i
describe        MAILMAN Mailman whitelisted
shortcircuit    MAILMAN ham

This rule hit on a mail to xxx-request@lists.xxx.xxx:

spamd: identified spam (9.8/6.0) for filter:2525 in 0.6 seconds, 824 bytes.
spamd: result: Y 9 -
MAILMAN,RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_BLACK,URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_SC_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL
scantime=0.6,size=824,user=filter,uid=2525,required_score=6.0,rhost=localhost,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=48543,mid=<48...@xxx.xxx>,autolearn=disabled,shortcircuit=ham

The score was not set to shortcircuit_ham_score (default -100, not
defined in my config).

What's wrong here?

Michael

Re: problem with shortcircuit

Posted by Michael Geiger <ge...@mgeiger.de>.
Matus UHLAR - fantomas schrieb:
> On 20.05.08 12:06, Michael Geiger wrote:
>> Hello, I just found a problem with a shortcircuit rule in my sa
>> installation (3.2.4)!
>
> shortcircuiting is not as easy as it seems. Many kinds of different checks
> are run in parallel, some are run before others. To get shortcircuit
> working, you must increase priority of a rule enough.

Well, the docs tell me that shortcircuit ham is automatically setting
the priority to -100 ... must the priority be lower than this to run first?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.