Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Ram, Kumar" <ra...@profitera.com> on 2001/09/05 06:39:57 UTC

Configuring log4j with tomcat and soap

Hi,
	I am trying to configure log4j with tomcat and soap. The
log4j.properties file is in my C:\soap-2.1\webapps\soap\WEB-INF\classes as
stated in the manual.html file that comes with the package. I have tomcat
installed in C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1The soap service works properly and
gives the correct result. However i get the following error.

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(samples.test.SampleUserCheck).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Is there anything i am missing or doing wrong ? I have tested log4j with
other java applications which work fine alone. However i am not able to get
it running with tomcat.

Ram