Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sylvester <sy...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/13 05:55:50 UTC

JMS appender, unusual API?

Hi,
I've been using the JMS appender. Now, for this we need a log producer
which actually has the JMS appender and sends out the logging events.
Part#2 is the JMSSink, which receives these events. To get this working
I am calling the main function of the org.apache.log4j.net.JMSSink
class. This is kind of unusual. Is this the correct/ best way to create
a sink? If not what way is better?

Also, I get a message like "...type exit to quit..kill process if it
does not exit due to daemon threads" because of which I'd like confirm
JMSSink's production worthiness here. Is it production capable?

Thanks,
Sylvester