Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Supriyo Chatterjea <su...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2002/08/01 18:33:45 UTC

How to communicate with Tomcat?

Hi,

I hope this is the right place for this question. I
need some help with the following situation:

I've got two devices (Dev A and Dev B) both running
Jakarta Tomcat 4.0.4. Dev A is supposed to be
listening for any messages coming in on port 80 every
x secs and for each time, it listens for a duration of
y secs.

Dev B is supposed to send out an XML file to Dev A at
any random time.

So how do I get my Java application on DevA to monitor
what Tomcat's receiving every x secs?

And also for the Java application running on client
side, Dev B, how do I get the application to send an
XML file to the Tomcat server running on Dev B and
send it to Dev A?

So in other words, how do I get my Java application to
communicate with Tomcat?

Are there any examples I could look at?

Is this the right way to do what I want to do? Or is
there a better way of doing this?

Thanks!
Supriyo