Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@multideck.com> on 2004/01/11 23:58:34 UTC

Debugging SchemaCompiler errors

Using the provided examples, my build file has an ant task to take a
schema and generate the xmlbeans classes.  It did so with a simpler
schema and some initial code used it to load an xml file from the file
system.  However, an enhanced schema is generating the error message below:

     [java] C:\src\conf\xml\myschema.xsd:0: error: Attribute not
allowed: name in element complexType@http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

Unfortunately that is the only output.  The schema validates using
XmlSpy.  I have tried the -debug and -verbose SchemaCompiler command
line parameters to generate a more detailed message.  As an aside, I
have also tried these parameters: "-dl -repackage -noupa -nopvr
-allowmdef".  Are there any suggestions for tracking down the problem?
I am using version xmlbeans 1, not CVS.  The schema is fairly involved
(inheritance, complex mixed element types, etc), but I am not at liberty
to post it.  Thank you for any assistance.

Frederick N. Brier