Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mahanare <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/05 05:24:22 UTC

Struts2 rest plugin - making default response to xml

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to use default response of the rest action
using rest plugin to xml?

instead of http://<<domain>>/orders.xml if i can make it
http://<<domain>>/orders as the action for a POST method in a form submssion
and the response should be  xml. Essentially i do not want to have any JSPs
or html files in my web application. It will be a plain rest based services
which process forms and respond with xml.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
harinath

Re: Struts2 rest plugin - making default response to xml

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
mahanare wrote:
> I am wondering if it is possible to use default response of the rest action
> using rest plugin to xml?
>
> instead of http://<<domain>>/orders.xml if i can make it
> http://<<domain>>/orders as the action for a POST method in a form submssion
> and the response should be  xml. Essentially i do not want to have any JSPs
> or html files in my web application. It will be a plain rest based services
> which process forms and respond with xml.

IIRC the default *is* XML; it's configured via struts.rest.defaultExtension.

Dave