Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com> on 1999/10/17 22:44:37 UTC

Jakarta CVS (Was: some cool hacking projects)

I used WinCvs. I didn't know there was a difference. Where do I dl cvs.exe ?

\Henrik

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/10/17/1216212&mode=thread
--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli - IBM Center for Java Technologies
<ma...@us.ibm.com>   <ma...@apache.org>

Re: Jakarta CVS (Was: some cool hacking projects)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
Henrik Vendelbo wrote:

> I used WinCvs. I didn't know there was a difference. Where do I dl cvs.exe ?

WinCVS can be used as well, as long as you set the right hostname.  Of course, it
also helps if you point out what you tried, and what error message you got in
response :-).

If you want the Windows command line client version of cvs (it works identically
to the Unix client), go to http://www.cyclic.com and follow the links "How to
Get CVS".

Craig McClanahan

Re: Jakarta CVS (Was: some cool hacking projects)

Posted by James Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
> I used WinCvs. I didn't know there was a difference. Where do I dl cvs.exe
?

There shouldn't be... Just use :pserver:anoncvs@apache.org:/home/cvspublic
as your CVSROOT and you'll be fine.

If you are comfy with winCVS, stick with it. I'm comfy with command line
tools, so that's what I use. ;)

.duncan