Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 01:08:32 UTC

How to use profiles to specify server info?

I want to use profiles to control what server username/password is used for
distributionManagement but the profiles section in settings.xml doesn't seem
to allow a servers section.  How can I specify different a different servers
section for a different profile?

It seems the profile section should support more than just repositories
sections, but how?

-dave

Re: How to use profiles to specify server info?

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
You can put a bunch of passwords in settings.xml under different ids. Can
you use different ids in the profiled <distributionManagement>s in the pom
to refer to the different passwords under them?

-- Lee

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee AT leemeador.com