Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by rong <ry...@cs.umbc.edu> on 2000/02/29 22:38:22 UTC

problems of using Tomcat

I have installed the Tomcat-3.0 on Linux, and trying to play around with
my code. I have two problems so far.

1)I wrote a Hello.java and copied into

  ~/tomcat-3.0/examples/WEB-INF/classes

  directory. I can compile and see from browser the "Hello" servlet
  running on my machine. However, after i modified and recompiled the
  Hello.java. I couldn't see any change from brower. I guess the old
  thread is still running. I have to stop server and restart to get
  the new result work.

2)I tried to mkdir a servlets directory(~/tomcat-3.0/servlets)and copy
  Hello.java to that directory, hoping that i can see this servlet running
  when i browse //localhost/servelets/Hello. But i failed even after
  change the access mode of this directory and files inside. I don't know
  what else do i need to change to get this work.

Thank you very much.

Rong