Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Castello <ri...@punk.net> on 2000/11/02 20:58:44 UTC

talking to MS SQL server from Tomcat?

Is anyone talking to a MS SQL server database with Tomcat?

I'm looking for a JDBC-OBDC bridge, and EasySoft's offering
has been problematic.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

-Rick
rick@punk.net

Re: talking to MS SQL server from Tomcat?

Posted by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com>.
If your Tomcat is running under NT, you can use the SUN ODBC-JDBC driver. Is
good enough for most simple tasks.

It it runs under other operating systems you may be in trouble.. Anyway,
take a look at OpenLink (http://www.openlinksw.com/) they provide a JDBC
type 3 or 4 for MS Sql. I haven't used it, but I understand that they
provide  client drivers and a server side component.

Good luck,

Julio Serje
Calian Tech.

Posted by John Bateman <jo...@cyberworldgroup.com>.
Hi

Your best bet is to check out the sun DB site at
http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers

I like JDataConnect and Jssql myself but, they aren't free.