Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com> on 2012/05/25 12:05:37 UTC

Moving OCM issues to backlog version

Is everybody ok if I add a new version 'Backlog'  for the OCM project,
and move all current 'unscheduled', mainly very old, issues to it?
I'll see which items I can pick up for the upcoming version. Also, if
they look really outdated, I'd like to close them.

please let me know if you do not agree with / like this

Regards Ard

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Re: Moving OCM issues to backlog version

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com>.
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Ard Schrijvers
> <a....@onehippo.com> wrote:
>> Let's see what others prefer
>
> I generally find that sorting open issues by the last update is enough
> to filter out old and inactive issues. The other alternatives are
> either quickly outdated (who'll take care of updating the list of
> "backlog" issues over time?) or incorrect (inactivity does not
> necessarily mean an issue is resolved or no longer relevant). The best
> way to deal with old issues is for someone to actually spend a few
> minutes per issue to review what's the current status and update or
> resolve the issue accordingly. Until someone has the time and energy
> for that I'd rather just leave the issues untouched.
>
> Anyway, given that you're the first one to seriously use the OCM
> tracker for a while, I'd say whatever works for you is best. :-)

I'll go through all open issues, close them if needed, and if still
relevant, leave them as is

Regards Ard

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com>.
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Bart van der Schans
<b....@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Or just add a comment "Closing since there was no activity for over 6
> months. Please reopen the issue if this is still relevant to you." and
> then close the issues. I'm personally not a big fan of keeping a big
> bag of open issues in a backlog. You will end up going over and over
> again through the backlog issues to find the relevant ones.

I am fine with that as well. I just wanna get a clean sheet to start
with and not have the obfuscating old issues from a couple of years
ago.

Let's see what others prefer

Regards Ard

Posted by Bart van der Schans <b....@onehippo.com>.