Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/07/14 17:35:51 UTC

[GUMP] Build Failure - batik

See http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-07-14/xml-batik.html for
details.

Question for ant-dev:

   Should <exclude name="**/jpython*" unless="jpython.present"/> match
   org/apache/batik/script/jpython/JPythonInterpreter.java?  It used
   to...did this behavior recently change?  I haven't identified any recent
   change to Ant or Batik that would explain this failure.

Question for batik-dev:

   Are you interested in being notified of failures?  Batik normally
   builds, so such notifications would be rare.  In any case, it would be
   entirely up to you to determine what actions, if any, you would like to
   take based on failures.

   In any case, if the exclude is changed to <exclude name="**/jpython/*"
   unless="jpython.present"/> (and a similar change is made for jacl and
   rhino), then these files are excluded as expected with the current (from
   CVS) version of Ant.

- Sam Ruby

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - batik

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> See http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-07-14/xml-batik.html
> for details.
>
> Question for ant-dev:
>
>    Should <exclude name="**/jpython*" unless="jpython.present"/>
>    match org/apache/batik/script/jpython/JPythonInterpreter.java?

This is due to a change I've put into DirectoryScanner last Friday -
The pattern matches the directory jpython and so Ant assumed this
directory could not hold any included files and skipped the directory
for Ant 1.2 and 1.3.

There has been a bug report that convinced me that this assumption was
wrong - files under jpython should only be excluded if there is a
pattern that matches them IMHO, so I think the current behavior is
correct (and is the same Ant 1.1 showed BTW).

The problem now is that the pattern matching algorithm doesn't think
the * in jpython* could match a / (we use ** for matches that can
contain an arbitrary number of slashes and * for no slashes at all).
To me this looks consistent and I'd add in a slash to the pattern
which should not only fix this problem but also make the intent
clearer.

I am willing to modify the pattern matching part if others feel my
interpretation is wrong 8-)

Stefan

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - batik

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> It does now return Filesystem-dependent names (i.e. ant\taskdefs
> instead of ant/taskdefs which is tested for).

It always did - the testcase is new and I've only tested it on Unix
(that's why I didn't get the failure).  I'll fix it today.

Stefan

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - batik

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Sam,

I think directory scanning may be broken. Currently one of Ant's test's
fails for me:
    [junit] Testcase:
testChildrenOfExcludedDirectory(org.apache.tools.ant.DirectoryScannerTest):
:      FAILED
    [junit] (2) taskdefs package included
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: (2) taskdefs package
included

Interestingly it does not fail for the GUMP run - hmmm.

I'll look into both these issues as I have time.

Conor

Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - batik

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.