Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2020/07/11 21:21:00 UTC

[WARNING] Bundle ...: Split package, multiple jars provide the same package:org/apache/karaf/util/tracker?

Karaf 4.2.9
I am receiving the following warning for bundles that exposes a services and commands.

> [WARNING] Bundle ...: Split package, multiple jars provide the same package:org/apache/karaf/util/tracker
> Use Import/Export Package directive -split-package:=(merge-first|merge-last|error|first) to get rid of this warning
> Package found in   [Jar:org.apache.karaf.util, Jar:org.apache.karaf.shell.core]

I am including both dependencies with the default scope as they are need to compile.
         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.karaf.util</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf.shell</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.karaf.shell.core</artifactId>
        </dependency>

How should resolve the warning?

Paul Spencer

Re: [WARNING] Bundle ...: Split package, multiple jars provide the same package:org/apache/karaf/util/tracker?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You are mixing BaseActivator and Command.

BaseActivator is useless in term of command.

Just use the karaf-service-maven-plugin as describe in the example:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/examples/karaf-command-example/karaf-command-example-command/pom.xml <https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/examples/karaf-command-example/karaf-command-example-command/pom.xml>

Regards
JB

Posted by Paul Spencerx <pa...@intekon.com>.
JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Shell core should be imported but util is not a bundle, so it should be private.