Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/23 12:14:50 UTC

Free Webinar: Implementing Solr open source search in a .NET and DBMS environment; Thurs 27 May 13:00 GMT (9a EDT)

I'd like to invite you to tune in to a great talk I saw at Apache
Lucene Eurocon (www.lucene-eurocon.org) this past week in Prague by Bo
Raun, of Nordjyske Medier. The talk was on how he discovered Solr and
introduced it successfully in an IT environment whose strategy
otherwise totally rests on Microsoft technologies (and other
traditional commercial solutions, like Citrix, VMware, etc). Bo also
discusses the contrast between a traditional relational database
background and the different development outlook he needed, along with
discoveries, surprises, and lessons learned, from which newcomers to
Solr from commercial search and DBMS backgrounds might benefit.

Today Nordjyske Medier uses Solr for an editorial archive, and for an
online yellow page directory, with new plans for Solr technologies in
the near future to incorporate advanced search features like geosearch
and Solr integration with an ontology engine.

If your timezone has to wake up too early in the day for this, you can
always sign up now and view it at your convenience, as it'll be cached
for playback

You can sign up here: http://bit.ly/bU0LKs
Implementing Solr open source search in a dot-net and DBMS environment;
Thurs 27 May 13:00 GMT (9a EDT)

Thanks, Erik
www.lucidimagination.com