Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2001/11/02 17:41:04 UTC

PostMethod

Hello,

Currently the post method is not implemented, thus returning a 200 response
code.

Some tools (e.g. XML Spy) use the post method when they mean a Put.

The semantics of the Post method depends on the server implementation and
only the post on a collection is covered in the webdav standard.

I want to suggest to implement the post method as a Put, if the url is not
collection or does not exist. If the url is a collection we would return 409
forbidden.

An other possibility would be to return "405 Method not allowed" in every
case.

Best regards,

Juergen