Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/06/03 03:29:35 UTC

POST to /usr/home/reed/public_html/idtownhall/test/mailform.pl not supported. (fwd)

I've had a couple of exchanges with this guy but couldn't get it working.
I've got a little voice telling me that Apache only allows POST to ScriptAlias
URLs. Is this so?
If not, can someone identify the problem here and help him out.

He has an AddType for .pl

rob
-=-=-=-

Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 16:58:36 -0700
From: Reed Simpson <re...@chelseagroup.com>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: POST to /usr/home/reed/public_html/idtownhall/test/mailform.pl not supported.

Method not implemented

POST to
/usr/home/reed/public_html/idtownhall/test/mailform
.pl not supported.
.htaccess
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
allow from all
</Limit>
---------------------------------
AllowOverride is set to All

What needs to be done to allow this to work???

Thanks
Reed
--
Reed Simpson - The Chelsea Group Inc.
(208) 765-9181

----- End of forwarded message from Reed Simpson -----

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)

Re: POST to /usr/home/reed/public_html/idtownhall/test/mailform.pl not supported. (fwd)

Posted by ra...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca.
> I've had a couple of exchanges with this guy but couldn't get it working.
> I've got a little voice telling me that Apache only allows POST to
> ScriptAlias URLs. Is this so?

Apache is able to Post just fine to non-ScriptAliased directories.

-Rasmus