Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2015/11/08 10:05:51 UTC

[SANDBOX][BEANUTILS2] Using Java 8?

Hi all,

I've started work on beanutils2 again. I see a lot of potential regarding
the API, when we upgrade the project to Java 8. For example, I'm currently
working on an API that let's users define type conversion. It could look
like this:

import static org.apache.commons.beanutils2.ConverterBuilder.from;

BeanUtils.newInstance().withConverters(
  from(String.class).to(Integer.class).using(Integer::parseInt)
)

Further more I found this [1] GitHub project I'd like to integrate, that
does awesome magic with lambas. You can read more about that here [2].

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/benjiman/lambda-type-references
[2] https://github.com/benjiman/lambda-type-references/issues/1

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [SANDBOX][BEANUTILS2] Using Java 8?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Go for it. The license is ASL so that's good.

Gary

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.