Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "dzymum ." <dz...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 22:28:22 UTC

Apache Open Office

Does Apache Open Office work with a MAC? I am trying to help my
granddaughter with her Chemistry and need an office doc program that will
work with her pc and my MAC.
Thanks
Dee

Re: Apache Open Office

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/04/2015 10:28 PM, schrieb dzymum .:
> Does Apache Open Office work with a MAC? I am trying to help my
> granddaughter with her Chemistry and need an office doc program that will
> work with her pc and my MAC.

yes, you can install OpenOffice on Windows and Mac computers. And also
on Linux if there will be any need.

Please see here [1] for more details about the system requirements. Then
you can download the program from here [2].

When you make sure to save the documents in the native OpenDocument
Format (the file extensions are .odt, .ods, .odp, etc.), then you will
have no problems when you exchange the files between both computers.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Marcus

Re: Apache Open Office