Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Evje <se...@shawcable.com> on 2002/11/07 21:31:50 UTC

[users@httpd] .htaccess

Hello;

For test purposes, I am trying to configure .htaccess on my test server
(running Windows NT 4.0).

I am new at Apache 2.0.43, and there is obviously some sort of error I
am making.

Have read the tutorials and articles from the list and I am still lost.

Virtual hosts work and the box comes up to enter my username and
password, but I cannot get the password to work.

I get this message in my error log:

[Thu Nov 07 14:13:30 2002] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] user test:
authentication failure for "/": Password Mismatch.

I have my .htpasswd file in D:Apache2/bin/ The password is:
test:testpassword

This is my setup in httpd config.

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin webmaster@xyz.com
     DocumentRoot "D:/Apache2/htdocs"
     ServerName www.xyz.com
     ServerAlias www.xyz.com
     ErrorLog  logs/xyz.com-error_log
     CustomLog logs/xyz.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<Directory "D:/Apache2/htdocs">
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
     AuthUserFile "D:/Apache2/bin/.htpasswd"
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Test"
     require valid-user
     require user test
</Directory>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.  Selmer Ausland

--
JKCC Consulting
http://jkcc.com/

Memories Of Deep River
http://www.jkcc.com/evje/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache/Sendmail/Mailman Conflict?

Posted by Justin Williams <ju...@naturalwebs.com>.
And no, unfortunately, since I reinstalled linux on that machine, no error
messages...

Posted by Justin Williams <ju...@naturalwebs.com>.
This I knew at the time, but, eventually I had to get back to the simple
goal of making sure these sites were up.  ;-)  So, having tried to restart
things individually, I decided to do it en masse...  ;-)

Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess

Posted by Evje <se...@shawcable.com>.
Hello Jacob;

Voila, it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. Didn't find this in
any of the information I read.

I owe you one.

Selmer Ausland

Jacob Coby wrote:

> use the htpasswd.exe utility to modify your .htpasswd file.

JKCC Consulting
http://jkcc.com/

Memories Of Deep River
http://www.jkcc.com/evje/