Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael B Allen <mb...@ioplex.com> on 2007/03/24 21:45:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting Default LC_LANG

I can set LANG=en_US.UTF-8 in /etc/init.d/apache on a Ubuntu system,
PHP's setlocale echos it and i18n text is handled properly.

However, if I do LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1@euro or LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 setlocale
returns nothing and there is no error reported in Apache's log.

If I run:

  # locale -a
  en_US.utf8
  POSIX

This suggests to me that I simply do not have the right locate data. Do
I need to install locale files? The language-support-de package on Ubuntu
looks promising but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory Kerberos SSO