Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2020/03/13 10:18:17 UTC

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf Europe Meetup on April 30th, 2020 in Karlsruhe, Germany

Hi all Karaf enthusiasts

As said earlier, we are closely following the situation about COVID-19.

Due to the current situation in Europe, after a discussion together with Karaf PMC members, we think it’s wiser to cancel the "on-site" meetup.

We are proposing:

1. To use the April 30th date for a virtual meetup. It means that the meetup will be fully remote. We will communicate the connection details soon.
If you plan to attend this meetup remotely, please register (if not yet done) on https://www.meetup.com/Paris-Apache-Karaf-Meetup-Group/events/269056325/ <https://www.meetup.com/Paris-Apache-Karaf-Meetup-Group/events/269056325/>
If you can’t or don’t want to remotely attend to this meetup, please unregister from www.meetup.com <http://www.meetup.com/>

2. We are still looking for meet all together to share our vision, ideas and roadmap about Apache Karaf. So, as soon as the situation will allow us we will plan a face 2 face meetup. Reasonably it will be probably around the end of this year (Q4 I guess). We will keep you posted.

We are very sorry and disappointed about this change, but your security and enthusiasm is our only goal. That’s why we took this decision.

Take care,
Kind Regards
JB on behalf of Apache Karaf PMC members