Posted to users@maven.apache.org by moraleslos <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/24 16:21:40 UTC

profiles for separate projects on same build

I'm running into a situation where I need to build a project twice in the
same run dependent on two or more separate projects.  For example, say I
have three subprojects under root set up like this:

root
  --> subproject A
  --> subproject M
       --> config.xml
  --> subproject Z

Projects A and Z depend on M but for unrelated tasks.  Project M has a
config file that will need to have its properties set accordingly.  For
example, if A is using M, M's config file should have a property like this:
env.task = DoA.  If Z is using M, M's config file has a different value for
that property, e.g. env.task = DoZ.  When I do a mvn compile install on the
root project, I would like project A's artifact contain M's lib which has
its config file with env.task = DoA, and project Z's artifact contain M's
lib which has its config file with env.task = DoZ, all in one run.

I understand profiles and filters in mvn, but am not sure how tailor them
for the above scenario.  Any hints/suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

-los