Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Janine DeBeradinis <jd...@higherone.com> on 2010/04/06 22:26:36 UTC

Calling one test from another test

Hello -

Can you please tell me if it is possible to call one test from another test using JMter?  I have looked through the documentation and do not see any reference to that, but I would have to imagine it would be possible...?  I would like to create one test that I will use often, and then have other tests call that test first, and then go on with the rest of its test.

Thanks.
Janine

Re: Calling one test from another test

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
a. Create your plan either under threadgroup or under workbench , with a
simple controller having all the child elements you want. then right click
on the element  and select save selection as, this will save just the
controller without the threadgroup elements
b. Should work. The include simply means that JMeter will add those elements
to the test plan (as if you have added them yourself). if your elements are
being included correctly (check using View Results Tree whether all your
included samples are getting executed), then add Debug Samplers to check if
the variable is being extracted correctly

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi