Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 17:03:12 UTC

[RELEASE] 4.0 planning wiki update and items check

Hi, all,
  I update the 4.0 planning
wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Planning>with
the latest status.
  Per my reading, I added some comments in the status column.

Following 2 items were already marked as done:
  - "OpenOffice.org" --> "Apache OpenOffice"
  - TOC interoperability improvement

Following items are still on going, and need to be done in 4.0:
  - sidebar
  - Mac support
  - 3layer drop
  - new logo

Following items though marked "In Progress", but are really long term
works, and I suggest we just close them and harvest what already done in
4.0. Leave the further improvement in future release.
  - MS Office interoperability enhancements
  - Performance & Reliability improvements
  - More gallery
  - Adding Symphony gradients
  - Adopt palette to Symphony palette partially

Following items look not containable in short term, and I suggest we move
then to 4.1, or even backlog:
  - IA2 support (4.1)
  - Patch mechanism (4.1)
  - Encryption UI (4.1)
  - Fundamental Changes for Draw and others (4.1)
  - Improve Draw Feature (backlog)
  - Extension Manager (backlog)
  - OpenSocial (backlog)

  And my plan is to clean them up next week if no objection. Hope it can
give a clear view of the scope of 4.0.
  Looking forward your comments. Thanks!

- Shenfeng (Simon)

Re: [RELEASE] 4.0 planning wiki update and items check

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Just updated the 4.0 planning
wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Planning>and
4.1