Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "John johntreuil@hotmail.com" <ho...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/10 22:46:11 UTC

Inability to access my open office documents

I am a writer. Something is going on with my Open Office 3.4.1 program. I
am unable to access any of my Open Office documents. Any help you can give
would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Inability to access my open office documents

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 13:46:11 -0800
"John johntreuil@hotmail.com" <ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a writer. Something is going on with my Open Office 3.4.1 program. I
> am unable to access any of my Open Office documents. Any help you can give
> would be greatly appreciated.

Try deleting or renaming your OpenOffice User Profile.  Details are in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

An un/re-install of OpenOffice does not affect the User Profile.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Inability to access my opĀ­en office documents

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
John johntreuil@hotmail.com <ho...@gmail.com>:
> I am a writer. Something is going on with my Open Office 3.4.1 program. I
> am unable to access any of my Open Office documents. Any help you can give
> would be greatly appreciated.

by which means do you try to access them? by double-clicking in the explorer, or through the "file - open" dialogue, or somehow else? what does happen when you attempt opening a document? is there any error message?