Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/16 15:12:49 UTC

Re: which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >   sorry for asking the same question couple of times , but I still have
> no
> > clear understanding which hadoop version I have to install for hbase
> 0.90.1.
> > Any  information will be really appreciated
> >

> Yeah, our version story is a little messy at the moment.  Would
> appreciate any input that would help us make it more clear.  More
> below...
>

> > 1)  From http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop I understand
> that
> > hadoop-0.20-append is an official version for hbase. I case I am going to
> > compile it : Do I have checkout main branch or there is a recomended tag?
> > If someone already compiled this version and had an issues please share
> it.
> >

> So, the documentation says " No official releases have been made from
> this branch up to now so you will have to build your own Hadoop from
> the tip of this branch.", so yes, you'll have to build it.  The
> branch-0.20-append link in the documentation is to the branch in SVN
> that you'd need to checkout and build.  This was not obvious to you so
> I need to reword this paragraph to be more clear.   How about if I
> insert after the above sentence "Checkout this branch [with a link to
> the branch in svn] and then compile it by..."  Would that be better?
>

> > 2) I found cloudera maven repository and I see there only hadoop-0.20.2
> > version. Does this version supports durability and suitable for hbase
> > 0.90.1? or I need to copy jars from hadoop-0.20-append to hadoop-0.20.2
> > cloudera version? I looked for CDH3 and CDH4 but didn't find
> > hadoop-0.20-append version.
>

> Again, the documentation must be insufficiently clear here.  We link
> to the CDH3 page.  We also state it beta.  What would you suggest?
>

> > Question: does cloudera hadoop version (0.20.2) is suitable for hbase
> > 0.90.1?
>

> CDH3b2,CDH3b3, or CDH3b4 are all suitable (each is an hadoop 0.20.2++).
>

> > In case I am going to use cloudera do I need to install all parts
> (hadoop,
> > hbase ,zookeper ...) from cloudera or it is possible to take only hadoop
> > installation and other products  (hbase , zookeper) I can install from
> > standard distributions?
> >
> Any of above combinations should work.  If you use CDH3b4, you can
> take all from CDH since it includes 0.90.1.  Otherwise, you could use
> CDH hadoop and use your hbase build for the rest.
>
> St.Ack

It took some time , but we succeeded to compile hadoop version. We decided
to take an official version for hbase.
    I am only concern  about version which we get after compilation.
The version is *0.20.3-SNAPSHOT, r1057313. *
*   Does this version is a suitable version for hbase?*
*
*
Thanks in advance , Oleg.
*
*
*
*

Re: which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Thats the correct branch, so you should be good!

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.
Got it ,
thank you St.Ack.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.