Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/04/03 06:48:51 UTC

Re: helping with the release

David Crossley wrote:
> So we have about 13.5 days between now and the code-freeze.

About 6.5 days now.

> If you are a developer working with SVN trunk, then please get
> your changes contributed.
>
> After the code-freeze starts i will try to do the job of
> cleaning up the formatting of all xml documents FOR-644.
> So you should have your changes incorporated before that
> otherwise you risk conflicts when next you do 'svn update'.
>
> Would commiters please attend to the patch queue.
>
> Developers please help to attend to the issues defined on the
> Road Map for 0.8 and in general help to update documentation.

Of course also work on any other issue you like.
If you have a patch you would like to have in the release
then get it contributed.

> After the code-freeze we need everyone's help with reviewing
> the release candidate packages.
>
> Have fun.

We are currently up to the following sections of "How to release":

Tasks to be done by the project before the release can start
http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html#prep

Preparing the code base
http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html#PrepCodeBase

We need someone to check that the plugins descriptors in
both core and whiteboard are up-to-date and then to verify
that plugins have been properly deployed to the web site.
Perhaps each plugin needs to be deployed one final time.
There are some other notes about plugins in that doc.

-David