Posted to users@camel.apache.org by pglebow <pg...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/12 18:41:59 UTC

Jetty Component and headerBufferSize

Is it possible to adjust the headerBufferSize parameter when using the Camel
Jetty component?  Jetty seems to support changing the parameter via its XML
configuration file but I'm not sure how this fits in with Camel.  Is there
an example out there that I've missed?  Thanks.

Re: Jetty Component and headerBufferSize

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:30 AM, pglebow <pg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jetty's configuration parameters seem to be controlled at the connector
> level; http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Configuring+Connectors lists
> the properties that are available.
>
> I tried specifying the socketConnectorProperties map in the Spring DSL that
> defines the route; here is the relevant part:
>
> <camel:route id="posWS" autoStartup="{{jetty.autoStartup.SYSTEM}}">
>  <camel:from
> uri="jetty:{{jetty.url.SYSTEM}}:{{jetty.port.SYSTEM}}/positions?enableJmx=true
>    &amp;socketConnectorProperties=#jettyConnectorProperties" />
>  <camel:process ref="posWSProcessor" />
> </camel:route>
>
> I've defined a map called "jettyConnectorProperties" like this:
>
> <util:map id="jettyConnectorProperties">
>  <entry key="name" value="testName" />
>  <entry key="requestBufferSize" value="1024" />
> </util:map>
>
> However, when I inspect the configuration of Jetty using JMX, neither
> parameter is updated.  I'm using Spring 3.1.1 and Camel 2.9.1.
>
> Is this the correct way to set these parameters?

You should set them on the jetty component

See the examples with the sslSocketConnectorProperties options, that
would be similar for socketConnectorProperties as well
http://camel.apache.org/jetty

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Jetty Component and headerBufferSize

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM, pglebow <pg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to adjust the headerBufferSize parameter when using the Camel
> Jetty component?  Jetty seems to support changing the parameter via its XML
> configuration file but I'm not sure how this fits in with Camel.  Is there
> an example out there that I've missed?  Thanks.

Now do you configure this in Jetty? An example would be nice. Then its
easier to see if there is something we can add to camel-jetty.
Or its already possible.

And you can check the camel-jetty unit tests, sometimes you can find
good examples there.

Claus Ibsen