Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Doucet Arnaud <ad...@sqli.com> on 2007/09/24 13:35:52 UTC

Control the build sequency

Hi,

I'm using dashboard plugin which requires to split site generation in 3
steps in a certain order :

* 1 : mvn clean install site (scheduled at 02:05).
* 2 :  mvn dashboard-report:dashboard (scheduled at 02:45).
* 3 : mvn site :deploy (scheduled at 02:55).

The problem is that  Continuum may have to insert the execution of a
build  between the first and the last build above. For example an hourly
'mvn clean deploy'  which normally should be executed  at 02:00 may
have been reported to 02:30.

In such a case, the build 'mvn site:deploy' will fail.

Is there a way to chain some build definitions and make sure that there
will be no other build execution inside this chain.

Thanks.

Arnaud Doucet

Re: Control the build sequency

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Doucet Arnaud a écrit :

> No, it seems not to be possible (extract from
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/dashboard-maven-plugin/continuum.html) :
>
> <<<
> the dashboard report plugin must be running in 2 passes.
>
> To work fine with *Continuum*, you must configure the goals as :
>
>   1. *first goal* : mvn clean install site
>         1. compile and test all sources.
>         2. generate the site.
>         3. let each report plugin generate its xml file.
>   2. *second goal* : mvn dashboard-report:dashboard
>         1. aggregate all results of each report.
>         2. re-generate the dashboard HTML file.
>   3. *third goal* : mvn site:deploy
>
>  >>>

> Perhaps I would have to use a script shell...

Yes, I don't see an other solution for this case.

Emmanuel

Posted by Doucet Arnaud <ad...@sqli.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.