Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/20 18:45:04 UTC

mysql, import, --direct, timestamp fields

hey guys,
using sqoop 1.4.5  when i use --direct to import a table from mysql to hdfs
all timestamp columns are shifted +8 (gmt offset).  when i don't use
--direct all is good.

further, any and all directives put in the jdbc connect string have no
influence (from what i can tell) when using --direct.

Has anyone else seen this problem? And if so any suggestions to look at?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Re: mysql, import, --direct, timestamp fields

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
wouldn't you know it... after i hit send. i found what i was looking for.

add '-- --skip-tz-utc' to the end of the sqoop import command. as per sqoop
documentation these are local switches to add the 'direct' method for the
associated db vendor's tool. in my case 'mysqldump --help' lists all
available options and its there where i found that --skip-tz-utc switch.