Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by kw...@parc.com on 2002/12/11 01:05:59 UTC

method-level @todo tags for tasklist

Hi all,

One of our developers mentioned that he would like method-level @todo tags for the tasklist feature, instead of just class-level tagging.  I implemented this feature for him in tasklist.vm and thought I'd pass it along to see if you'd want it.  If you don't, I understand and my feelings won't be hurt :).  The modification is included below.

BTW: Thanks for the quick response on my previous e-mail!  Sorry for the number of e-mails - I'll stop bombarding you now :)

 - Ken

in templates/tasklist.vm:

#foreach ($class in $docInfo.classes)
#set ($todoTags = $class.getTags("@todo"))
#if ($todoTags.size() > 0)
#foreach ($tag in $todoTags)
                      $class.name:
                    <ul>
                      <li>$tag.value</li>
                    </ul>
#end
#end
#foreach ($m in $class.methods)
#set ($todoTags = $m.getTags("@todo"))
#if ($todoTags.size() > 0)
#foreach ($tag in $todoTags)
                      ${class.name}.${m.name}():
                    <ul>
                      <li>$tag.value</li>
                    </ul>
#end
#end
#end
#end

Ken Conley (kwc@parc.com)
Palo Alto Research Center Incorporated

Re: method-level @todo tags for tasklist

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 19:05, kwc@parc.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of our developers mentioned that he would like method-level @todo tags for the tasklist feature, instead of just class-level tagging.  I implemented this feature for him in tasklist.vm and thought I'd pass it along to see if you'd want it.  If you don't, I understand and my feelings won't be hurt :).  The modification is included below.
>
> BTW: Thanks for the quick response on my previous e-mail!  Sorry for the number of e-mails - I'll stop bombarding you now :)

Cool, thanks! I've made a few changes but it's checked in now. I tried
to make it look like the checkstyle report.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com