Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Julian Ladisch <ht...@ladisch.de> on 2014/11/02 11:15:27 UTC

German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Hello,

I've translated all outdated German translations of
httpd manual 2.0.x, please review and commit the attached patch
file.

Greetings

  Julian

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by Astrid 'Kess' Malo <ke...@apache.org>.
As André said: this is, what the list is for.
In addition all interested people can follow the discussion and add comments
which is very welcome. So please go on and post to this list.

Btw: welcome to the german translation team :-)

 Kess

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.
Hello Rich,

On 26/11/2014 21:01, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 11/08/2014 08:37 AM, Lucien Gentis wrote:
>>> IIRC the translator's team page was removed a while ago, because it was
>>> outdated all the time.
>> Couldn't it be updated ?
>> Certain parts of the doc are on line in 10 languages ; someone is
>> certainly at the origin of all this work.
>

> Yes, it could indeed be updated. Please do feel free to do that.
>
> That should be added to
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html or as a linked
> page from there.

Is there an XML file related to this link, and if yes, how can we access
to it ?
Is there still a trace of the page that was deleted ?
It would be easier to simply update it.

> As Andre says, however, I (or someone) removed that page because it
> dated back to the 1.3 days and almost nobody listed was active or
> responded to contact email.

???
I have been added to this page in 2007 ; it was the 2.2 days

> We also talked a year or so ago about entirely dropping some of the
> translations because they were hundreds of thousands of revisions out
> of date.

Effectively, if certain translations are clearly out of date, and if
translators don't answer to your demands, I think they should be
deleted. (translations, not the translators ;-)

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.
Le 07/11/2014 15:45, André Malo a écrit :
> * Lucien GENTIS wrote:
>
>> but I don't know who belows to german translation team and Jeff asked if
>> someone had other advice.
>> (there was a document where all translation teams were listed, but I
>> can't find it again)
>>
>> I think the first thing to do before sending translated pages to the
>> list is to contact corresponding translation team (if it exists), in
>> order to work with its members.
> Honestly, I think that's what the mailing list (or bugzilla even) is for.
For the moment, there's not so much translation related traffic.
Imaging if people begin to send there translations to the list for the
10 registered languages !
That's why I said it would be preferred if people send there
translations to the corresponding translation team (if it exists)
> IIRC the translator's team page was removed a while ago, because it was
> outdated all the time.
Couldn't it be updated ?
Certain parts of the doc are on line in 10 languages ; someone is
certainly at the origin of all this work.

> Said that there's actually no real team for German translations, just a few
> committers feeling responsible for it (and feeling bad, that it's so
> outdated right now).
Effectively, for german translation, you can reread and commit yourself
pages that people send.
But for other languages ?

> Speaking for myself, I look here not every day anymore, sorry for that.
>
> nd
I check for english doc updates once a week

Good weekend

Lucien

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

--
"Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und seine
beiden Gefährten nicht zu zählen brauchte" -- Karl May, "Winnetou III"

Im Westen was neues: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by Lucien GENTIS <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.
Le 07/11/2014 14:48, André Malo a écrit :
> * Lucien GENTIS wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Perhaps Julian could contact the german translation team ?
> Well, effectively he did. We're reading here :)
> But I think, Jeff is right. We should not really bother updating 2.0.x docs.
>
> nd
Einverstanden,

but I don't know who belows to german translation team and Jeff asked if
someone had other advice.
(there was a document where all translation teams were listed, but I
can't find it again)

I think the first thing to do before sending translated pages to the
list is to contact corresponding translation team (if it exists), in
order to work with its members.

--
Lucien GENTIS
UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
Centre de Ressources Informatiques
5, Rue Paul Richard
C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
54528 LAXOU-CEDEX

Tél. 03 83 17 68 42
Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Lucien GENTIS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Perhaps Julian could contact the german translation team ?

Well, effectively he did. We're reading here :)
But I think, Jeff is right. We should not really bother updating 2.0.x docs.

nd
--
Gefunden auf einer "Webdesigner"-Seite:

# André Malo # http://pub.perlig.de/ #

Re: German translation for httpd manual 2.0.x

Posted by Lucien GENTIS <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.
Le 06/11/2014 17:04, Jeff Trawick a écrit :
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Julian Ladisch
> <httpd.apache.org-ump@ladisch.de
> <ma...@ladisch.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I've translated all outdated German translations of
>     httpd manual 2.0.x, please review and commit the attached patch
>     file.
>
>     Greetings
>
>       Julian
>

> Hello Julian,
>
> 2.0.x is essentially dead, even the documentation.  Is there anything
> that needs to be fixed in trunk or 2.4.x or 2.2.x?  (in that progression)
>
> This page has some hints for translators:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html
>
> Perhaps others here will have other advice.

Hello,

Perhaps Julian could contact the german translation team ?

But I did not find the page where all translation teams are listed.

Lucien

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.