Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by hferreira <hf...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/11 21:47:58 UTC

Evaluate Apache Royale Emulation

Hello,

I'm posting here because I'm tired of trying to unsuccessful post on Apache
Royale Foruns and I believe that this could be an issue for new users !

Using VS Code (because IntelliJ it's not supported) + the last night build
from Apache Royale SDK (JS only) + native Royale Hello World I successful
builded and test on the browser:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<js:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/royale/express">
	<js:initialView>
		<js:View>
			<js:Label text="Hello World" x="100" y="100"/>
		</js:View>
	</js:initialView>
</js:Application>

Trying the emulation, I successful compile but couldn't run on the browser
and got a few errors on the browser console:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<s:Application
    xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
    xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/royale/express"
    xmlns:mx="library://ns.apache.org/royale/mx"
    xmlns:s="library://ns.apache.org/royale/spark" >
    <fx:Script>

    </fx:Script>
    <s:Button click="Alert.show('Hello, world')"
              label="Say Hello"/>
</s:Application>

My impression is that I missing something however for what I understood,
this should be possible out of the box.

What I'm missing here ?

--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Evaluate Apache Royale Emulation

Posted by hferreira <hf...@gmail.com>.
I picked the last night build from here:
http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/Royale-asjs_MXRoyale
I see now that is outdated.

I tried right now the last night build from here:
http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/royale-asjs

New results:
- The last error from browser console is now gone
- I got now this new error on the browser console:

UIBase.js:515 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getValue' of
undefined
    at HelloRoyale.org.apache.royale.core.UIBase.addedToParent
(UIBase.js:515)
    at HelloRoyale.mx.core.UIComponent.addedToParent (UIComponent.js:257)
    at
HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.org.apache.royale.core.UIBase.addElement
(UIBase.js:405)
    at
HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.mx.managers.SystemManager.addChild
(SystemManager.js:105)
    at
HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.mx.managers.SystemManager.initializeTopLevelWindow
(SystemManager.js:236)
    at HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.mx.managers.SystemManager.start
(SystemManager.js:222)
    at index.html:375

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I saw that once and fixed it. I wonder if you picked up a nightly before it integrated those changes.  Please grab the latest and try again.

Thanks,
-Alex

On 11/12/18, 1:02 AM, "hferreira" <hf...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi piotrz,

    Of course:

    Uncaught ReferenceError: null0 is not defined
        at new HelloRoyale (HelloRoyale.js:56)
        at
    HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.mx.managers.SystemManager.create
    (SystemManager.js:192)
        at
    HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.mx.managers.SystemManager.initializeTopLevelWindow
    (SystemManager.js:234)
        at HelloRoyale_mx_managers_SystemManager.mx.managers.SystemManager.start
    (SystemManager.js:222)
        at index.html:477

    I notice that with "pure" Roayle framework we need to use <js:initialView>
    however this is the Emulation counterpart.

    --
    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Ca1bfd26a3c29473873c008d6487d8884%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636776101328520281&amp;sdata=Gn5XFtZYxKH1hAuQ7%2F9DgyiI1KRWKvH9NGfsbwfi%2F1g%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Evaluate Apache Royale Emulation

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hugo,

Please post what errors are you seeing in the console browser when you run
compiled app.

Thanks,
Piotr