Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com> on 2004/03/25 13:52:22 UTC

suggestion for using multiproject and cruisecontrol

Hello guys,

I'm trying to use CruiseControl for nightly builds.

I've tried maven RC2 cruisecontrol plugin to generate a cruisecontrol
config file. Looks good.

I just don't know how to handle my multiples subprojects. Here is how
they're set

one module in CVS is the  master "project"
4 other modules are sub-projects named "project-xxxx" (xxx in "webapp",
"business", "commons"...)
master references sub-projects as  :

maven.multiproject.basedir=${basedir}/..
maven.multiproject.excludes=project/project.xml
maven.multiproject.includes=project-*/project.xml

How to set CruiseControl to checkout the 5 CVS modules and run
"multiproject:install" and "multiproject:site" ?

Would it be easier if I had only one CVS module with subdirectories ?
Notice we are using Eclipse for devs, so CVS modules are set on the same
directory levels as eclipse projects are.

Nico.

Re: suggestion for using multiproject and cruisecontrol

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <ra...@caltha.pl>.
nicolas De Loof wrote:

>> You can solve this by creating a virtual CVS module that has all of
>> your 5 modules "mounted" as subdirectories.

Just out of couriosity I checked cvs manuals, and did a little test.
This is what you should put in the CVSROOT/modules file, provided that
you have modules m1and m2  your repository

p1m1 -d p1/m1
p1m2 -d p1/m2
p1 -a p1m1 p1m2

then, checking out module p1 will give you the desired result.

R.

Re: suggestion for using multiproject and cruisecontrol

Posted by nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
thanks for help !

Nico.

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <ra...@caltha.pl>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com> wrote on 25/03/2004 11:52:22 PM:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to use CruiseControl for nightly builds.
>
> I've tried maven RC2 cruisecontrol plugin to generate a cruisecontrol
> config file. Looks good.
>
> I just don't know how to handle my multiples subprojects. Here is how
> they're set
>
> one module in CVS is the  master "project"
> 4 other modules are sub-projects named "project-xxxx" (xxx in "webapp",
> "business", "commons"...)
> master references sub-projects as  :
>
> maven.multiproject.basedir=${basedir}/..
> maven.multiproject.excludes=project/project.xml
> maven.multiproject.includes=project-*/project.xml
>
> How to set CruiseControl to checkout the 5 CVS modules and run
> "multiproject:install" and "multiproject:site" ?

Here's a snippet from one of our cruisecontrol files:

    <modificationset>
      <cvs localWorkingCopy="C:\temp\build\checkouts\Deployment/"
           cvsroot=":pserver:user@cvsserver:e:\projects\cvs" />
      <!-- fixed assets -->
      <cvs localWorkingCopy="C:\temp\build\checkouts\FixedAssetsCommon/"
           cvsroot=":pserver:user@cvsserver:e:\projects\cvs" />
      <cvs localWorkingCopy=
"C:\temp\build\checkouts\FixedAssetsDocumentation/"
           cvsroot=":pserver:user@cvsserver:e:\projects\cvs" />
      <cvs localWorkingCopy="C:\temp\build\checkouts\FixedAssetsEJB/"
           cvsroot=":pserver:user@cvsserver:e:\projects\cvs" />
      <cvs localWorkingCopy="C:\temp\build\checkouts\FixedAssetsTests/"
           cvsroot=":pserver:user@cvsserver:e:\projects\cvs" />
      <cvs localWorkingCopy="C:\temp\build\checkouts\FixedAssetsWeb/"
           cvsroot=":pserver:user@cvsserver:e:\projects\cvs" />
      <!-- other apps here -->

    </modificationset>

    <schedule interval="900">
      <pause starttime="1900" endtime="2359"/>
      <pause starttime="0000" endtime="0800"/>
      <maven goal="-Dgoal=scm:update-project
multiproject:goal|multiproject:install-snapshot"
             projectfile="C:\temp\build\checkouts\Deployment\project.xml"
             mavenscript="C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Maven 1.0-rc1/bin/maven" />
    </schedule>

> Would it be easier if I had only one CVS module with subdirectories ?
> Notice we are using Eclipse for devs, so CVS modules are set on the same

> directory levels as eclipse projects are.
We are using WebSphere Studio on that project, so the same rules apply.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting