Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2015/11/05 01:19:00 UTC

Re: FieldCache?

: What is the implication of this? Should we move all facets to DocValues
: when we have high cardinality (lots of values) ? Are we adding it back?

1) Using DocValues is almost certainly a good idea moving forward for
situations where the FieldCache was used in the past.

: FieldCache is gone (moved to a dedicated UninvertingReader in the miscmodule).

2) Solr implicitly uses the UninvertingReader under the covers on your
behalf automatically in cases where FieldCache is not available.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/