Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thorsten Elfert <th...@db.com> on 2007/03/02 13:31:03 UTC

Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Hi,

it's the first time I'd like to use Maven. However, I am already
struggling just by using it...

I need to use maven for installation of a framework called AppFuse.
As described by the AppFuse Installation Guideline
(http://www.appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+QuickStart) I tried to setup
the framework by using maven in the following way:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.appfuse
-DarchetypeArtifactId=appfuse-modular-spring -DremoteRepositories=
http://static.appfuse.org/repository -DarchetypeVersion=2.0-m4-SNAPSHOT
-DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=myproject

After execution I received the following error-message:

<snip>

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]

</snip>

Since I am behind a proxy I added the proxy in setting.xml like this:

   <proxy>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>myproxy.com</host>
      <port>1234</port>
    </proxy>

However, I am still getting the same error.
The version of Maven I use is 2.0.5.

Thanks in advance for any help on that!

Thorsten

--

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Re: Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi Thorsten,

> I assume the issue is caused because of the internal firewall. I tried to
> execute the same command in another network and everything went fine.
> Since authentication is not required for the proxy I am not sure what I
> need to re-configure.
> I use to take the same proxy for any other tools and every time it works.
> Only in this particular case I do not get any connection.

Do you use a NTLM proxy? AFAIK there were some posts on this list on that topic...

Thorsten

Re: Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by Thorsten Elfert <th...@db.com>.
Thanks, I deleted all that stuff below the repository folder. Executed the
same with -X parameter:

The result:
<snip>
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
</snip>

I assume the issue is caused because of the internal firewall. I tried to
execute the same command in another network and everything went fine.
Since authentication is not required for the proxy I am not sure what I
need to re-configure.
I use to take the same proxy for any other tools and every time it works.
Only in this particular case I do not get any connection.

Thorsten

"Wayne Fay" <wa...@gmail.com>
03.02.07 05:33 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Try deleting your ~/.m2/repository folder and then run that command
again. Also, add the -X parameter (so mvn -X ...) to your command line
to receive debugging information during execution. If it fails again,
scan the debug log and try to find the specific problem.

Things sometimes get wacky when you attempt to run Maven from behind a
proxy without configuring it properly.

Wayne

On 3/2/07, Thorsten Elfert <th...@db.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's the first time I'd like to use Maven. However, I am already
struggling just by using it...

> I need to use maven for installation of a framework called AppFuse.
> As described by the AppFuse Installation Guideline (
http://www.appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+QuickStart) I tried to setup
the framework by using maven in the following way:

> mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.appfuse
-DarchetypeArtifactId=appfuse-modular-spring
-DremoteRepositories=http://static.appfuse.org/repository
-DarchetypeVersion=2.0-m4-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.mycompany
-DartifactId=myproject

> After execution I received the following error-message:
>
> <snip>
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
> [INFO]
>
> </snip>
>
> Since I am behind a proxy I added the proxy in setting.xml like this:
>
>    <proxy>
>       <active>true</active>
>       <protocol>http</protocol>
>       <host>myproxy.com</host>
>       <port>1234</port>
>     </proxy>
>

> However, I am still getting the same error.
> The version of Maven I use is 2.0.5.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on that!
>

> Thorsten
>

> --
>
> Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und

you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Ambrozie <to...@gmail.com>.
If the proxy requires authentication, you will need to add:

    <username>your_username<username>
    <password>your_password</password>

to your proxy settings.

Thanks'