Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jason Mills <jm...@cs.mun.ca> on 2005/03/30 12:13:26 UTC

Commit email on Windows

I'm curious how people have set up SVN to send commit emails on windows?
I looked at the scripts in the subversion repository (commit-email.pl,
.r, and mailer.py) but they are all written to use sendmail on unix. As
a result, I'm thinking of hacking the scripts to use Blat on windows.
Anybody every use Blat as a mailer for SVN commits?

Jason

Re: Commit email on Windows

Posted by Juanma Barranquero <le...@gmail.com>.
> I'm curious how people have set up SVN to send commit emails on windows?

My commit hook is a custom Perl script (not derived from the ones on
contrib\hook-scripts, etc.). I use the Net::SMTP module to send e-mail
and it works fine.

> Anybody every use Blat as a mailer for SVN commits?

Not for SVN commits, but I've used Blat for similar purposes and it's
performance has always been flawless.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

Re: Commit email on Windows

Posted by Patrick Dean Rusk <PR...@foliage.com>.
Jason,

    I can barely make my way around Perl, but I managed by hook or crook to
get the commit-email.pl working on our Windows server by using some of the
sendmail stuff from CygWin.

Pat

Re: Commit email on Windows

Posted by oleksa borodie <ol...@gmail.com>.
I'm using Postie.

Re: Commit email on Windows

Posted by Jason Mills <jm...@cs.mun.ca>.
Branko Čibej wrote:

> mailer.py can send mails directly to an SMPT server, without sendmail.
> You just set the smtp_hostname in the config file, that's all. Python
> does the rest.
>
> -- Brane

I should have read the source code, documentation, and config file more
closely. I seen "piping to sendmail" and assumed sendmail was required.
I now know better;-)

Thanks
Jason

Re: Commit email on Windows

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

RE: Commit email on Windows

Posted by Robert Segal <rs...@3dna.net>.
Hey Jason just noticed your inquiry about the commit emails and thought I
would throw in my own method for sending out commit emails since it wasn't
mentioned in previous emails.  I've got a python script which takes care of
sending out emails to everyone.  Works quite smoothly as python has an SMTP
library which is very easy to use.

Posted by Jason Mills <jm...@cs.mun.ca>.

RE: Commit email on Windows

Posted by Arild Fines <ar...@broadpark.no>.
Jason Mills wrote:
> I'm curious how people have set up SVN to send commit emails on
> windows?

Take a look at http://commitmessage.tigris.org/

Works fine on Windows.

--
Arild

AnkhSVN: http://ankhsvn.tigris.org
Blog: http://ankhsvn.com/blog
IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/ankhsvn

"The problem in the world today is communication. Too much
communication." -- Homer Simpson