Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2001/02/20 05:12:35 UTC

JSR-51

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know anything about the status
of JSR-51
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_051_ioapis.html

I found out about it by accident on general@jakarta.apache.org.  The
JSR appears ill-scoped, combining both scalable/fast I/O and regular
expression based parsing.  I'm left wondering why no one who's written
a Java regular expression package (or at least a very widely used one)
is on the expert group.  I suppose I should just email Mark Reinhold,
the specification lead, but I thought someone on the list might know
something about it already.

daniel