Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Michael J. Prichard" <mi...@willowtreeinteractive.com> on 2005/07/25 00:53:22 UTC

New to Slide, MySQL Blobs...

Hello,

I have a DB of Blobs and other details that I would like to expose with a WedDAV interface but retain the table structure I already have.  I saw a post about storing Blobs into a Oracle Db so I am assuming you can get it to work with other db's.

Is what I ask possible to with SLIDE?  Is SLIDE the technology I want to use?  Where can I look to find more info?

Thanks!
Michael

Re: New to Slide, MySQL Blobs...

Posted by "Michael J. Prichard" <mi...@willowtreeinteractive.com>.
Hey Muhammad.

Thanks so much for the response.  It helps a great deal!

All the best,
Michael

Muhammad Al Sebaeyie wrote:

>Hi
>AFAIK, The current JDBC content store works on the same schema for most dbs,
>you can either map this schema to views (in DBMSs that support that) or do
>your own custom store to map into your schema. And yes, content is stored
>mostly as blobs, other tables contain metadata slide generates for the
>files, versioning info, lock info, permission info and DAV properties.
>
>On 24 Jul 2005 18:53:22 -0400, Michael J. Prichard <
>michael@willowtreeinteractive.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a DB of Blobs and other details that I would like to expose with a
>>WedDAV interface but retain the table structure I already have. I saw a post
>>about storing Blobs into a Oracle Db so I am assuming you can get it to work
>>with other db's.
>>
>>Is what I ask possible to with SLIDE? Is SLIDE the technology I want to
>>use? Where can I look to find more info?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>Michael

Michael J. Prichard
WillowTree Interactive, Inc.
925 E. Jefferson St.
Charlottesville, VA 22902
eml: michael@willowtreeinteractive.com
wrk: (434) 220-0382
cel: (407) 529-8852
fax: (866) 530-9107
www: http://www.WillowTreeInteractive.com/
blg: http://WillowTreeInteractive.blogspot.com/

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not
the addressee, note that any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of
the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Michael J. Prichard of WillowTree Interactive,
Inc. immediately at either 434-220-0382 or at
Michael@willowtreeinteractive.com, and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.

Re: New to Slide, MySQL Blobs...

Posted by Muhammad Al Sebaeyie <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
AFAIK, The current JDBC content store works on the same schema for most dbs,
you can either map this schema to views (in DBMSs that support that) or do
your own custom store to map into your schema. And yes, content is stored
mostly as blobs, other tables contain metadata slide generates for the
files, versioning info, lock info, permission info and DAV properties.

On 24 Jul 2005 18:53:22 -0400, Michael J. Prichard <
michael@willowtreeinteractive.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a DB of Blobs and other details that I would like to expose with a
> WedDAV interface but retain the table structure I already have. I saw a post
> about storing Blobs into a Oracle Db so I am assuming you can get it to work
> with other db's.
>
> Is what I ask possible to with SLIDE? Is SLIDE the technology I want to
> use? Where can I look to find more info?
>
> Thanks!
> Michael

Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey