Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 12:09:20 UTC

Missing Disabled components from Kitchen Sink

Hi to all,
what do you thing on adding some missing components (in my opinion) in
the Tutorial (maybe in a dedicated disabled subpanel):

- push buttons disabled and pressed
- a rollup disabled
- opt other elements disabled ...

to see in there are visual problems with elements in this state (for
example could be less in evidence that they are disabled ...).
I found a small bug of this situation in other Java Frameworks, so why
not to try ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Missing Disabled components from Kitchen Sink

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
> It is possible to disable any component, so I don't think we explicitly need
> to demonstrate it for every component type we have. On the other hand, you
> make a good point about verifying that each component type correctly handles
> a disabled state. That's why I think it belongs in test. You are welcome to
> create some test cases for this.
Ok, I'll try it after the current things ...

Bye

Re: Missing Disabled components from Kitchen Sink

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
We have some examples of disable buttons in the Kitchen Sink app.

I agree that we should ensure that our disabled components behave
correctly, but I think this kind of thing probably belongs in the test
package rather than the tutorials.