Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gary Lee <ga...@leahander.com> on 2002/07/09 09:24:46 UTC

Apache 2.0.39

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to apache 2.0 on windows 2k....when I finished installing
the http server, I couldn't get it to start..can't find the service in
the service console....can't start the apache monitor even after I
finished the configuration..when I try to go to my site, it asks me for
login name and password...please help...

Gary

RE: Apache 2.0.39

Posted by Gary Lee <ga...@leahander.com>.
I installed the apache as a service on the windows, but I couldn't see
it on the service console....

> I'm a newbie to apache 2.0 on windows 2k....when I finished installing
> the http server, I couldn't get it to start..can't find the service in
> the service console....can't start the apache monitor even after I
> finished the configuration..when I try to go to my site, it asks me
for
> login name and password...please help...
>
> Gary

After installing Apache on Windows, you must start the server manualy.
to do this, you can see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html
for additional information on the start of Apache.

LoL

Re: Apache 2.0.39

Posted by lo...@no-log.org.

Re: Apache 2.0.39

Posted by Dmitry Medvedev <me...@rsdsoft.msk.ru>.
good day garry.
as fa as win services are concerned you can do the following:
1. open console
2. go to the directory where your apache is installed; switch to the /bin folder
3. type this: apache -k install -n apache2039 (alternatevly you can uninstall the service from the command line via: apache -k uninstall -n apache2039)
Note: you may wish to omit the "2039" suffix - it's fine without it. I use suffixes 'cos I have several versions of the web server installed. i.e. apache1326 and apache2039. This I find quite convenient :-)