Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/21 14:35:15 UTC

Does Solr master/slave support shard split

Hi,
Does Solr support shard split in the master/slave setup. I understand that
there is no shard concept is master/slave and we just have cores but can we
split a core into two.

If yes is there way to specify new mapping based on the unique key.
--
— Pushkar Raste

Re: Does Solr master/slave support shard split

Posted by Pushkar Raste <pu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric. Moving to SolrCloud for splitting is what I too imagined 😐

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.