Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Darren Marvin <dj...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> on 2001/11/01 09:45:35 UTC

Web Service Application file context

Hi,

I have a Java application that creates and reads files. I would like to make this a web service. The application should use relative file paths to access the files it reads and writes, not absolute paths. What is the directory context that files are relative to when the application is used as a web service under apache-soap and tomcat? If there is a better way to do this I am open to suggestions. The important thing is that I can read and write files at the server end without using absolute paths to those files.

Thanks in advance.

Darren.

mailto:djm@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk
http://www.it-innovation.soton.ac.uk

RE: Web Service Application file context

Posted by "Hung D. Viet" <di...@epiqus.com>.
Sun has implemented the File System Service Provider, i think it fits your
need. You can download from sun websites.

cheers,
Hung