Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2013/09/09 18:18:51 UTC

FYI: OpenOffice for Android

A version of what is claimed to be OpenOffice for Android is now available at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andropenoffice

I've downloaded this and installed it on a 7" Nexus 7 tablet. I think a 7" tablet may be too small for serious work with it; when I go away to London/Wales in two weeks time I'll still be bringing a small laptop.

However, I thought you'd all like to know that something was available.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: FYI: OpenOffice for Android

Posted by "Mr. Phan Anh" <pp...@gmail.com>.
I have just got the news, and now, I am playing around with this one
on my phone and tablet.
Thanks Andrea for replying me.

Building on Fedora 19 (Re: FYI: OpenOffice for Android)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Shemil Hashan wrote:
> I need help on steps to make the build on fedora 19.
> Please give me steps in simple language with terminal code.

Please start new discussions (i.e., don't reply to another message but
create a new one) or your messages will be buried in irrelevant threads
and harder to notice. And please do not post your request to 450 people
four times in four minutes with four wrong subjects! In other mailing
lists, people get banned for far less than this.

Fedora 19 build instructions are at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
and
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Fedora_Build_Instructions#Fedora_19

Post here if you need more information. Note that Alexandro had already
sent you the first link, so rather than asking something generic I
expect you to tell us where you are stuck and we'll help you out.

> It is urgent. I'm a student of University of Moratuwa,doing a project to
> give predictive text for Open Office.

This is something that I haven't fully understood from your first post.
Could you elaborate on it? OpenOffice already has automatic completion
of words. Is this something similar to it?

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: FYI: OpenOffice for Android

Posted by Shemil Hashan <sh...@gmail.com>.
I need help on steps to make the build on fedora 19.
Please give me steps in simple language with terminal code.
It is urgent. I'm a student of University of Moratuwa,doing a project to
give predictive text for Open Office.
Reply me ASAP,im stuck on the build.

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mr. Phan Anh" <pp...@gmail.com>.
I meant the "future cooperation" between this guy (the author) and the
Dev Group of AOO in an officially way.
This would be a huge milestone in our development process.

Posted by David Gerard <dg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mr. Phan Anh" <pp...@gmail.com>.
AS you mentioned about the source, we will get stuck in middle of
something that belongs to the "trademark".

>From this version, the name of the product has been changed, he still
holds the name of AOO in the icon but not the name of the product.

But this guy is good, he "ported" a whole project of AOO to Android
devices. This is the feature of the future and I think some guys at
the development team should make contact with him about this.

About the source stuff, first of all, we should consider this guy has
made huge contribution to the vision for AOO. I hope that any conflict
can be solved about the "trademark" stuff, but AOO on Android is an
excellent idea ever!

Posted by James Michael DuPont <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mr. Phan Anh" <pp...@gmail.com>.