Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rosen Marinov <ro...@sirma.bg> on 2002/11/10 13:32:57 UTC

Delete document don't work

Hello,

I have the problem with deleting documents from index.

please see the my java code, i have in my index document
with field "ID" and value "12345", but this code don't
delete the document from my index.

Please tell me possible reason?

I haven't other opening readers, writers or searches on this index.

10x
--------------------------- Java Code ----------------------

IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open( path );

Term term = new Term("ID", "12345");

reader.delete(term);

reader.close();

Re: Delete document don't work

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Rosen,

I would think that since the field is unindexed, that the search would turn
up nothing, and therefore would have nothing to delete.

Regards,

Terry

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>