Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> on 2008/08/20 12:43:51 UTC

compiling with gcc

I want to build the math-example. My command is like the manual:
gcc -o mathexecute -I$AXIS2C_HOME/include/axis2-1.5.0/ -L$AXIS2C_HOME/lib
-laxutil -laxis2_axiom -laxis2_parser -laxis2_engine -lpthread
-laxis2_http_sender -laxis2_http_receiver math_client.c ldl -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,$AXIS2C_HOME/lib

There is the error "Cannot find -laxutil ". I know the Libraries exist and I
set the $AXIS2C_HOME/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but this dont solve the
problem. In which folder I must execute this command?
Have i forget something?
When i use the complete Path to the libs like:
gcc -o mathexecute -I$AXIS2C_HOME/include/axis2-1.5.0/ -L$AXIS2C_HOME/lib
-L$AXIS2C_HOME/lib/libaxutil.so -L$AXIS2C_HOME/lib/libaxis2_axiom.so
then the compiler find the libraries(there is no error) but then i get much
more "undefined reference to"-errors in function main like:
undefined reference to axutil_env_create_all
undefined reference to axutil_strcmp
.
.
.
Does somebody know where is my mistake?

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:
Did you set the AXIS2C_HOME variable?
Try echo $AXIS2C_HOME from where you issue the compilation option for math
client

-Rajika

http://wso2.org/
http://llvm.org/
http://osdev.org/

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

Please have a look in to this
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html

Cheers
Lahiru

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martina,

Glad to here that you finally got it working.

Supun..

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> jeah, i can create the math executable file now too. You must just add the
> second source file to the command;)
> Thanks for the great help!!!

Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
hi, i can create the executable file hello now =) with the command:

gcc -m32 -o hello -Ihome/lxuser/..../include/axis2-1.5.0/
-L/home/lxuser/....../lib -laxutil -laxis2_axiom -laxis2_parser
-laxis2_engine -lpthread -laxis2_http_sender -laxis2_http_receiver hello.c
-ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/lxuser/...../lib

so i cant use the $AXIS2C_HOME variable. I don´t know why? I have set it to
my accordant folder. Also there must be the -m32 statement in the gcc
command. So i am at least a little bit happy..
Now i try the math example....

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
So now I have test to compile the simple hello-example in the manual. I have
set all pathes (AXIS2C_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,..) like the manual. My Command
is like in the manual:

gcc -o hello -I$AXIS2C_HOME/include/axis2-1.5.0/ -L$AXIS2C_HOME/lib -laxutil
-laxis2_axiom -laxis2_parser -laxis2_engine -lpthread -laxis2_http_sender
-laxis2_http_receiver hello.c -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,$AXIS2C_HOME/lib

The first errors are:
error: axiom.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
error: axis2_util.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
error: axiom_soap.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
error: axi2_client.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

He don´t find the Header-Files, which are declared in the hello.c-File:
#include <axiom.h>
#include <axis2_util.h>
#include <axiom_soap.h>
#include <axis2_client.h>
Why?? I still include the the Files with
-I$AXIS2C_HOME/include/axis2-1.5.0/!!!
:( :( :(

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
hi, i already have set this Path!! I think the problem resolves from the gcc
compiler. Perhaps it will be concerned with the usage of a 32 or 64 bit
Processor, I had read that there is a -m32 option for the gcc compiler. By
using this feature the "skipping incompatible...cannot found -laxutil"-error
doesnt occurs, but there are two new errors:
In function main:
math_client.c: undefined reference to
´axis2_math_stub_create_with_endpoint_uri_and_client_home´
math_client.c: undefined reference to ´axis2_math_stub_add´
My goal is at long last to compile and link one example...Why it doesnt work
by me????

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
I have already set this!! I think the Problem perhaps results from the gcc
Compiler. Perhaps it is important if you use a 32 or 64 bit processor. I
have read there is a -m32 option for the gcc , but then other errors
occures. Have somebody an idea??

>>> http://llvm.org/

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Sanjaya Ratnaweera <sa...@wso2.com>.
Hi Martina,

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.

http://wso2.org/
http://llvm.org/
http://osdev.org/

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Martina08 wrote:

> ok i try it. In the manual the example includes only the hello.c file,
> there is no additional header file for this example, that why it suffices
> only compile and link the hello.c File. So i hope i solve my problem
> otherwise i report my new problem again ;) Thanks for the fast help!!
>

> jakh wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> hi,
>>> yes i have set my $AXIS2C_HOME variable. I go over the manuals from
>>> where i
>>> have the gcc-command.
>>> But i tried to compile the math example and not the hello example. I go
>>> folder $AXIS2C_HOME/samples/client/math.  There are the 3 Files, which i
>>> want to compile and link. The files are:
>>> axis2_math_stub.c
>>> axis2_math_stub.h

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: compiling with gcc

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
hi,
yes i have set my $AXIS2C_HOME variable. I go over the manuals from where i
have the gcc-command.
But i tried to compile the math example and not the hello example. I go to
folder $AXIS2C_HOME/samples/client/math.  There are the 3 Files, which i
want to compile and link. The files are:
axis2_math_stub.c
axis2_math_stub.h
math_client.c
Must i include the stub files (.c and .h) into the command? I want to have